NorthRock Partners is committed to helping exceptional people live exceptional lives. Through our Personal Office ™ experience, we seamlessly deliver financial and lifestyle advice services uniquely tailed to give clients more time to make the impact they want on the world, and live their best self.
We are looking for a high performing individual with superior leadership skills and a hands on approach to managing the accounting function, providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist CFO and leadership in making educated business decisions about the firm's future. Ideal candidate is service-focused and will be responsible for effectively and efficiently performing the finance operations for NorthRock Partners, and leading the finance team through the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting work.
Candidate is responsible for building the capability, contributions, and influence of the finance team by proactively aligning financial systems and practices in support of the firm’s mission and strategic plan. Candidate will model and forecast the business for multi-year and annual performance.
In partnership with CFO, candidate will build collaborative working relationships throughout the organization and inspire confidence from the leadership team by providing excellent analytical support; instilling a service orientation into the finance team; identifying and implementing system and process improvements; meeting the needs of internal stakeholders or ahead of schedule; creating a culture of transparency, information sharing, accountability and efficiency; and, communicating and setting clear priorities and performance expectations.
Candidate will directly support CFO and serve as a department leader with a reliable reputation for delivering reports on time with accuracy.
WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO
- High level technical accounting and financial planning
- Provide effective coaching to employees
- Obsess over Type A things, like formatting uniformity, consistency in design, and organization
- Address the smallest details others seem to gloss over
- Lend a hand beyond your job description
- Help others leverage their time and/or resources better
- Solve puzzles, use critical thinking skills, re-arrange things to make greater sense
- Give and receive feedback to increase professional growth
- Influence others with a positive attitude
- Invest in people around you
- Discern and execute with clean lines, elegance, and sophistication in everything you do, from writing an email to designing an internal report
- Own to the extreme - control the execution of projects to guarantee expectations are meet or exceeded
- Leverage your tech prowess to find new efficiencies and innovation in administrative process
- Ruthlessly prioritize to be maximally efficient
- Propose thoughtful solutions when faced with a challenge
- Achieve high-performance goals
WHO YOU ARE
- A high performing achiever type
- Client-service driven to the core
- Analytical by nature
- A “doer” who can execute with immaculate detail
- Relationship builder & team player
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Adaptable, innovative, and versatile
- Self-starter who activates and executes
- Calm under pressure
- Self-learner who is known for being ambitious and curious
- Critical evaluator of information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details
- A good human with a strong code of ethics
WHAT YOU’LL DO ONCE HERE
- Direct and manage company fiscal functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Provide status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data in a timely manner
- Manage and provide day to day guidance, coaching and development to the managers and other employees of the accounting department
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets
- Oversee the activities of the accounts payable department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Effectively utilize all current and if necessary, build additional business finance IT systems and infrastructure to meet company goals and objectives
- Learn and adapt to new software and technology, as rolled out by our innovation team
- Actively engage in available training and education programs.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND MINDSET
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A master’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration
- Ten or more years of progressive accounting experience, including at least 3 years of hands-on accounting managerial or leadership experience with a private company, middle market partnership, corporation, or a professional services firm. Experience should include hands-on exposure to complex revenue models and/or billing practices such as those commonly seen in professional services
- US GAAP and / or SEC / other regulatory reporting experience
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Record of success in improving processes and leading department growth
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage lateral and upwards
- Experience with a CRM database is appreciated (e.g., Salesforce)
- Emotional maturity, professional mindset, and the utmost discretion
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office and Apple iOS mobile; must be very tech savvy
- United States work authorization
- Criminal Background check is required
Please visit our Careers Page for benefit information.